We couldn't have done it without all of you
For the third straight year, the Farmington Farmers Market has been voted WDIV Channel 4’s Best of Detroit farmers market. We’re not kidding when we say we couldn’t have done it without you:
* Our loyal farmers who bring the freshest produce to market despite the weather.
* Our artisans who every year create enticing new items.*
*Our musicians who help give the market its comforable, homey feel.
* Our sponsors, who give us the support we need to deliver the best week to week.
* Our volunteers, without whom we literally would not operate.
* And of course our faithful marketeers, who brave cold weather and hot, wet days and dry to enjoy Saturdays in a Michigan small town.
Thanks to you all! See you Saturday at the market!!
A great POP! Club day!
We hit a milestone on Saturday, July 13, at our second POP! Club meeting of the season: 100 club members met our challenges and walked away with $3 vouchers to shop the market!
And what did they have to do exactly? Oh, only find duck eggs, shuck peas and pit cherries. And make produce art if they were so inclined -- and most were. (Did you know that a bunch of celery and an ink pad can make a beautiful flower?)
Looking ahead ... Our next meeting is August 10, and we have lots of fun things planned, mostly involving corn. After all, that day is brings the 13th annual Elks Corn Roast. Perfect day for POP!
See you on August 10!